Find
Notify
Tools

45-70 LOOONG CASES
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 458PHCAPSTICK
posted
I acquired a few brand new R-P brass cases that are stamped R-P 45-70 but measure a full 1/4 inch to long,has anyone else ever run across 45-70 Long Brass and how do you cut it back,do you use a saw or axe?
Why is it made this long? barf Smiler

Posts: 216 | Registered: 28 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
They are probably some of the universal cases made so that you make anything from .45-120 on down. I see them (usually advertised as such) from time to time.

Cut them close with a copper tubing cutter, resize and trim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Buffalo arms sells stretched cases for the 45-90, 2.4 inch. Sounds like that is what you have. They are not Rem factory like that. I use those in my Sharps 45-2.4 inch.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 458PHCAPSTICK
posted Hide Post
Thanks tu2Will trade for 45-70 standard size.

Posts: 216 | Registered: 28 September 2011Reply With Quote