Notify
Tools

Lightweight tripleshocks under Lazzeroni label
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted
http://lazzeroni.com/ct_lazerhead.htm

Interesting, but at that price, I think I'll sit in the bleachers for a while... FWIW, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have looked high and low for a good hunting bullet and this Barnes/Lazzeroni bullet looks really good. I have always shot 180gr in 30 cal had to give it quite a bit of thought to decide on this 150gr but it looks O.K. I would personaly have chosen this in 180gr but seeing as it is not made the 150 will have to do. My reasoning is that the copper bullet apparently gives some where around 25% deeper penetration and a little more fps so it should be as affective as a 180gr anyway. My first choice was the Barnes XLC at 168gr but after playing around with an XLC some of the coating flaked off when I gently started the bullet into a casing by hand, that gave me pause. I like the Barnes/Lazzeroni because the coating is electro plated on and apparently won't rub off, I just hope they shoot straight. Being totaly green in the relaoding dept. I will be counting on you guy's to help me out with the load development end of things, I believe she will be comming out the end of the pipe at 3400-3500fps. [Smile]

Posts: 113 | Location: no fixed address | Registered: 09 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i was interested in the 120 7mm but your right. at that cost i will pass. when i spoke to barnes about it they nope in the standard xxx for the 120's. lazzeroni only.
woofer

Posts: 741 | Location: vermont. thanks for coming, now go home! | Registered: 05 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a frigging rip-off!!! [Mad] Who does John think he is fooling??? [Confused]

Posts: 254 | Location: USA | Registered: 30 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A little pricey to be sure but not that much more than GS from South Africa, North Fork, Swift A-Frame, or Woodleigh....all of which are premium bullets. If you want to see pricey just look at what John gets for loaded ammo or for unprimed brass for that matter although the brass will last longer than anything else...it is hell-for-stout.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In talking with Ty Herring at Barnes bullets about their new TSX bullets, I asked him why they didn't come out with a coated TSX bullet. His reply was that they did test some coated triple shocks, but there was no advantage to the coated vs. uncoated. If you're looking for a monometal grooved bullet, I suggest the actual Barnes TSX bullets, or Groove Bullets. You'll have a much better selection of bullet weights, and you don't have to worry about how you're going to clean moly out of your barrel.

Posts: 264 | Location: Big Sky Country, MT | Registered: 12 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
444shooter, I am an afficionado of the light for caliber monometals. With Lazzeroni getting the exclusive on the lightweights, looks like Barnes has taken itself off the table for me.

I really don't care about moly pro or con. Nothing that a little Wipe-out and Flitz don't cure. I guess I am going to jealously guard my stash of GS customs.... LOL! Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote