Find
Notify
Tools

17 mach IV load data
 Login/Join

<ranb>
posted
Hello,

I just got a 17 mach IV contender barrel for my daughter and need to load up for it. Can anyone give me their favorite loads for velocity and accuracy? Are there any dirty powders I should stay away from? I tried to make some cases from 223 rem, but the necks wrinkled when running through the sizer. Would annealing help? I guess the right answer is to just get 221 fireball and go from there. I have the bullberry form die. Thanks.

posted Hide Post
You bought it for your daughter? Riiight.

C'mon, 'fess up. You bought it for yourself; you're just going to let your daughter shoot it once in a while

The Hornady and Hodgdon manuals have data.

I just got my Cooper in .17 Mach IV this past Saturday, so I'm compiling some data, too.

So far, I've heard Reloder 7, H338, H4198, and IMR-4198 are good powders for this cartridge.

George

------------------
Shoot straight, shoot often, but by all means, use enough gun!

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
<ranb>
posted
Actually, it IS for my daughter. She is a little half filipino and very sensitive to recoil. Only likes to shoot 22lr in light weight rifles. I think she will like the 17 mach IV in a short contender barrel though. I will enjoy loading and shooting it also. Hahahahahahahhaha.

Ranb