New
Find
Notify
Tools

.22 magnum
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
SmilerAnyone know of a good place to order some .22 magnum rounds. Was going to get a few thousand.

Posts: 671 | Location: none | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Everywhere I've looked they've been about the same price, Sportsman's Guide usually has descent deals on them but, Wal-mart is on par w/ any of the prices I've seen. I've been getting Sub MOA groups at 100 from CCIs and now Remington has started using the same bullets as CCI at a lower price. I may have to purchase a box of the Rems and see if they shoot as well.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
before you order thousands make sure your rifle will handle what you order. I've got one that will only shoot 40 gr loads, while another prefers the 34 gr WW.

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SmilerMine likes anything you can find.

Posts: 671 | Location: none | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
What 22 Mag are you shooting?

My Marlin 25 hates the jacketed bullets but, loves the plated styles. W/ the CCI plated HPs and Solid Noses it will shoot in the .1s all day at 50.

Quite a little rifle on hogs (When shot behind the ear). Too bad they aren't legal for deer, I'd have to use mine on some doe thinning if they were legal, a shot to the head ought to be deadly at a close range and meat damage would be notta.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote