Find
Notify
Tools

9.3x57 load data needed
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted
Anyone have a links to published data for this round? Or, any data from the load books?

Any help would be much appreciated.

-Z

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4863 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Norma has some load data on their web site at
http://www.norma.cc/

Of course, they only list Norma powders but at least it's a start. Unless I'm mistaken, I believe Norma 203-B powder is very similar to Reloder 15. The 203-B data might be a good place to start for working up loads with RL-15. Although I have NOT done it yet, that's my plan for working up RL-15 loads in my 8x57. Usual warnings about starting low and working up apply, of course.

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
255 Grain Bullet

N-140 From 50.8 grains to 50.9 grains
Winchester WLR Primer

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Isnt that round very similar to a 358 Win?

Posts: 10166 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Thanks gents.

It would be nice if N203-B was the same as or similar to Rel 15. I use that in some other calibers.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4863 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check this thread for more 203-B / RL-15 information: Norma Manual - any good ?

Personally, I can't vouch for the accuracy of the info given in the thread but it is interesting. I think both Norma 203-B and RL-15 are made by Bofors in Sweden.

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Another powder that I heard good things about is Varget. But then again I heard good things about it in many cartridges.

Now to score some dies and wait for the gun to arrive, oh yeah, and wait 10 days for the state to declare me fit to receive it, lol.

Aut vincere aut mori

one of us
posted Hide Post
z1r
I have taken several deer and wild pigs with the Speer 270 SP in my 9,3x74R. My velocity was @ 2400fps. I think that would be a good bullet for the 9,3x57.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is an article in the January-February 1987 edition of Handloader (# 125), by Dieter Sturm.

Shoot me an e-mail or PM with your snail mail address and I'll send a xerox copy to you (or anyone else who wants a copy).

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Vihta had a loading guide for metric cartridges and measurements on their homepage Lapua. It is however, no longer there for whichever reason.

Load data for the 9.3x57 mm is available there, I understand it is still a common cartridge in Scandinavia.

PM me if you want a copy of the guide (0.8 MByte).

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
lawndart & DUK,

PMs Sent.

Thanks for the help!

Aut vincere aut mori

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BFaucett:
Check this thread for more 203-B / RL-15 information: Norma Manual - any good ?

Personally, I can't vouch for the accuracy of the info given in the thread but it is interesting. I think both Norma 203-B and RL-15 are made by Bofors in Sweden.

-Bob F.

This is the letter that is referred to in the Norma Manual - any good ? thread but the graphic is no longer showing in that thread. (The file was originally posted by Richard Saloom and I saved it.) I knew I had saved the file but it was a matter of finding it!

Since this letter was written, I believe Norma 203-B has replaced Norma 203.

Originally posted by Richard Saloom with the letter:

This is a copy of the letter sent out by OWS with my copy of Wiederladen.

The scribbling on the bottom is mine.

-Bob F.

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
IMR 4895 is a very good powder for this round.

48-50 gr for the 270 Speer (2100-2200 fps max).
45-48 for the 286 gr Privi-Partizan.

I used 48 gr for the 250 gr Ballistic Tip but couldn't get it to shoot to my sights.

Throats seem to vary greatly as do pressures from rifle to rifle. Start low and work up. If you get to 2000 fps with the 286 gr bullets you are there!

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
BFaucett,

Thanks for that letter. It really helps. That will certainly make using the Norma data easier since their powders are somewhat hard to find, at least locally.

tiggertate,

Thanks. I'm not after top velocity. Mostly interested in getting the iron sights to shoot to point of aim. I'll rely on the larger 9.3x62 for velocity.

How would you rate the performance of the Speer and the Prvi Partizan bullets? I mostly anticipate using this round on pigs and possibly in the woods for deer.

Aut vincere aut mori

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I think the Speer are a little tougher than the the Privi but the difference may be academic. Either will flatten hogs with total authority!

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote