Login/Join

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted
Is there an American distributor for GS Custom products yet? [Razz]

posted Hide Post
No.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had an order for over $500.00us since the early part of Feb no bullets yet. Have talked to G.Schultz 3 times & all I get is a line of bull shit I am fed up with it & I want my money back it just not worth the hasel. Have desided to shoot Failsafe & North Fork this year in Namibia & S. Africa. Just my 2 cents.

Posts: 265 | Location: south texas | Registered: 30 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A mate of mine has tried them in 110 grain 264 and they have been extremely accurate from a match grade barrel.

This weekend he is going to try them on a bunch of kangaroos and go for low chest shots to see how they work on lighter game.

Perhaps they will be brilliant but he won't be able to get them again.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
Cropduster,

I'm not defending Gerald, as I don't really think it's his fault that the mail is slow. That's just a fact of life.

I ordered some last October, and they did arrive, albeit in December.

There is also nothing wrong with your decision to use other bullets, that's also a fact of life that Gerald has to deal, with until he gets a US dealership.

There is a thread like this one, on HuntAmerica.Com,one gentleman there say's he's got 100 boxes of GS Custom bullets on the way to start a modest dealership.

BTW, I really like those North Fork bullets too.

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Don Krakenberger>
posted
YUP--its a 4 month wait and that's all there is to it. It's not like Gerard put a sticker on the box that said "SHIP AS SLOW AS POSSIBLE"!!

<blazer>
posted
This just gets more interesting. Although I don't know for sure, could it be that we will have two dealerships soon? And both from Texas? I know the one personally. His order was made in March but he has'nt gotten it yet. He is going to be listed as HV Concepts Inc. but will not give out address or phone yet. Hs says GS will have him listed as US dealer with info. as soon as he gets his order in. He's told me he has well over 100 boxes coming and has talked about next order being close to 300. I hope GS can start getting them over here soon.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered $504 worth of bullets from GS in December via air mail. They did not arrive.

In February, GS said they shipped a new batch. They did not arrive.

I am now trying to get GS to do something about it. They have been running a trace of the shipments for the past 2 months.

Frankly if I could pay double and be guaranteed to get the bullets, I would do so.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
<jayloar>
posted
My first shipment took almost 16 weeks but they did arrive and I was favorably impressed with the bullets so I ordered some more. You definitely can't be on a deadline or you'll get mighty aggrevated waiting. My second shipment hasn't arrived yet and it has been 15 weeks so far. I'm not concerned yet but sure wish they would show up. I know there is nothing Gerard can do about it so I don't blame him for it.

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
I've been waiting several months also. I was under the impression that the credit card wasn't charged until the bullets were shipped. My card was charged on March 4th. They were to be shipped airmail. Nothing has arrived. I have sent a couple of e-mails. The first one has gone unanswered and the second was sent today.

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Y'all,
I used to rave about the GSC bullets. I think they are the best bullets availsble for any application between the HV soft and FN solid.

I got three orders delivered to me, but the last one took about six months to get to me. I waited and e-mailed Gerard repeatedly, and posted here repeatedly describing my travails. After more than 5 months, he sent a second package, and it arrived in about two weeks.

Something bad is going on with the RSA postal system and the world situation, I reckon. Things just seem to be getting worse in this regard.

Gerard is not to blame for this, but he apparently is so busy now that he doesn't have enough time to goof around here on the boards anymore. But he also seems to fail to respond to emails about orders, quite frequently.

Mine have been ignored too.

As much as I would like to shoot nothing but HV and FN bullets, it just is too much of a nuisance getting them from direct ordering.

If an enterprising dealer in the USA can supply them, I would love to order them.

Until then I will just make do with substitutes. There are adequate alternatives.

Maybe it is for the best.

If Gerard is not hassling with individual orders and the postal mess so much, maybe he will be able to turn out more bullets to show up across the pond some day.

I hope he is still alive and turning out bullets at an increased rate of production.

Please let us know if any USA supplier becomes available, with stock on hand deliverable when ordered, not whenever The RSA Postal Black Hole decides to regurgitate a package. That is too unpredictable, and no way to operate a business.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
It would appear a different shipping method is needed. If the packages were taken to an airport and shipped airfreight I believe they would get here sooner. Or, filling a container with several thousand boxes and shipping them to a distributor. At least the man wouldn't go broke sending out second shipments only to see them stolen and sold on the black market by the postal workers.

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I think when there is a distributor I will purchase some in the U S. I can't see making Gerard ship the same order more than once. I think the idea of a direct delivery to the air freight companies is a good one if workable. Good luck to Gerard and customers. PAK

<blazer>
posted
I see post on hunt america with HV Concepts Inc. stating they do in fact have a dealership order on it's way. They also state they are waiting along with the rest of us! Has anyone tried to get a hold of them yet?

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
I'm with Ron, I love the HV bullets, but there are just too many good alternatives to wait 5 months for delivery.

In the end, it's the manufacturer's job to get the product to where the market is, no matter how good the mouse trap, or where the market is. There is just no reason to play postal roulette.......

I have dibs on a box of 200 gr. HV's for my Whelen from HV concepts. Until then, I'm shooting Hot Cores and a stashed box of 200 gr. X bullets. FWIW, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think y'all should look at this another way! I love Nosler Partitions. I will shoot them until they quit making them! I also ordered a box of GS bullets for my .270....when they come in someday I will experiment with them...I won't get wrapped around the axle waiting on them, they aren't for this years upcoming season, they are for my curiosity..I will be loaded with Nosler Partitions while setting on my deer stand this year..no problem. I realized when I ordered the GS bullets it may be half a year before I got them, I'm sure everyone here knew about the wait being long, uncontrollable, and often arbitrarily erratic when they ordered them.

Just my .02 worth,

Mike

P.S. I like the idea of going down to the SA Fedex office and putting a pallet on a plane, But apparently that isn't feasible or I'm sure they would have done it already!

What is the production capacity of machining bullets? I have no machining experience, maybe it takes a long time to make the blasted things!!

Posts: 324 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
<RobertJ>
posted
I just returned from a hunt in the eastern cape. I asked my PH his opinion of GS bullets and if we could find gun shop that carried them or stop by the factory? He said " great bullets but they are so hard to get that he did not bother with them any longer". He also told me that if I called the local # there in P.E. that all I would get is a recording. FWIW

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Ready,

What makes me uncomfortable is that my credit card is charged and you don't know when and if you are ever going to receive them. On top of that, response to e-mails can be slow to non-existent. Otherwise I would just wait patiently until they arrive.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob I understand that concern also, but I guess I read enough about that happening that I accepted it before I ordered.

I can't wait until all we have to do is call Texas and have them within 3-5 days! I am suprised some ingenious machinist hasn't taken the idea and ran with it in this country...

Mike

Posts: 324 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ready_on_the_right,
It is not that you just have to figure in a lead time on your order of half a year.

The fact is that you have to wait 4 or 5 months, see that the bullets did not show up, and then try to get Gerard to ship another batch. He is not even answering emails or posting here anymore, as far as I can tell. Must be up to his ass in alligators or something. Maybe he just cannot deal with the hassles of the small stuff anymore.

A US supplier is surely the way to go.

RobertJ's post about residents of RSA having trouble getting them or even getting through on the telephone is especially concerning.

They are great bullets, but I will do as Dutch has said.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm currently working with Gerard on a sizable order (100-200 boxes). The plan is to offer them for the same price he lists on his website, with the shipping charges being considerably less!
He's provided and pretty good breakdown of what his USA customers order, but can people here give me some idea of what bullets they want?

Thanks,
Michael

Posts: 160 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 28 September 2000Reply With Quote
<Gunner>
posted
Michael - 375 HV and FN; 7mm (for the non-european 7mm) HVs; 308 HVs. I'll be the first one camping on your doorstep when they arrive...

Regards,

Kevin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike. <308 FN,.458 FN,.358 FN and perhaps .224 and .308 in HVs. If they become readily available then sales will be forthcoming from me. Packy

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
On my list to keep shooting are the 62 gr. 6mm, the 130 gr. 7mm. On the list to try are the 200 gr. 358's and the 50 gr. 224's. FWIW, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
.458 FN, .375 HV and FN, and .308 HV.

I'll order the .458's as soon as you get some.

Pertinax

Posts: 444 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 07 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Matt>
posted
I also have two orders with them. I have even gone so far as to call them. But to date after talking to them I still have not gotton a return call or nor have my many emails. As what I would buy from some one here in the U.S. .284 and .308 HV

Matt

one of us
posted Hide Post
mbundy,
Baie dankie!

1. .510": 570 grain FN, 570 grain HV

2. .475"(for 470NE): 500 grain FN, 500 grain HV

3. .458": 500 grain FN, 450 grain FN, 450 grain HV

4. .416": 380 grain FN, 330 grain HV

These are a few of my favorite things. I'll take whatever I can get!

I will start at the top of my caliber list and work down to smaller bores if you keep the pipeline flowing.

Baie baie dankie! Live long and prosper!

<Don Krakenberger>
posted
Does anyone have their new website?? I lost it and can't seem to get it up--(the website I mean)!

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Try this.

http://gscustom.co.za/

If you cannot get satisfaction. Try this.

http://www.penthouse.com [Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Talked to Gina Monday & she said she would e/mail me the date my bullets were shipped & a tracking number. Well guess what 2 full working days and not one dam word from her. They have my money so she can't be bothered ? What a shitty way to do bussines thanks a lot ! Is it theft if you take my money but don't deliver ???????????????? All I ask for is is a ship date & tracking number if they are lost then that's bad luck but it looks like they have never been shipped. If I was the only one having this problem it would be no big deal but that not the case.Bet i get a reply in August when I am in S.Africa knock on their door.

Posts: 265 | Location: south texas | Registered: 30 November 2001Reply With Quote
<djpepper>
posted
.284 HV 120 & 130
Good luck.

one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
Are we placing requests?????????

Okay... .375-caliber anythings... FNs, HVs, whatever. Just E-mail me when they come in.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have ordered all of mine shipped via Fedex and always got them in 4 weeks or so...I order enough at one time so I don't have to worry about it however long it takes to get them....

I will bring a bunch home with me from RSA this summer and that should last me a lifetime. the shop is in Port Elizabeth...The FN's are worth the wait if you shoot Buffalo and Elephant...

Posts: 41970 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Dice2>
posted
DaggaRon.....I don't wish to pour more fuel on the fire concerning your GS bullet, but hearing that the owner is not returning your E-mail has me wondering about his reasons for not doing so.
Now charging your credit card and knowing you haven't gotten your product sounds like A Square Company all over again.

The man has E-mailed me 3 times in the last 2 weeks, trying to get me to understand the difference between various weights and tests run, as well as the price he is charging for those bullets.

I shall do as others, and stay with the Swift A Frames and Barnes Solids.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Any news yet on how things are going?

Posts: 64 | Location: Bham, Al | Registered: 28 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Waiting for BATF to send the import license. HTH, Dutch.