New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady Leverevolution
 Login/Join

Picture of Violator22
posted
Anyone know if Hornady plans on releasing these for the reloader, sure hope so, I hate pulling bullets out of 30-30 cases just to test them in my 303 Sav. Les

Don't hold you farts, they travel up your spine to your brain and thats where crappy ideas come from!

Posts: 24 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 21 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend who shoots a 30-30 AI called and asked. Hornady's answer - 'not before 2007 - if ever.'

If a day goes by when you don't learn something - it was a Total Loss!

Posts: 324 | Location: SE Wyoming | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They need to be punished.
Now I won't use them. It's like when Win stopped selling silvertips, so bugger'em now I use Sierra.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Send your cards and letter to Sierra and maybe they will make one. Then if they do don't buy they Hornady's when the release them to reloaders. I always like to teach companys that screw the consumer a lesson.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Violator22
posted Hide Post
May have to look at that, since most of the bullets I use are hornady, that kind of stinks. Les

Don't hold you farts, they travel up your spine to your brain and thats where crappy ideas come from!

Posts: 24 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 21 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Violator22:
Anyone know if Hornady plans on releasing these for the reloader, sure hope so, I hate pulling bullets out of 30-30 cases just to test them in my 303 Sav. Les

Why in the hell would you go to the work of pulling them for use in a .303 savage? Couldn't you just use any old spitzer you wanted?

SBB

Posts: 250 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Violator22
posted Hide Post
Nope spitzers are too long for the action, has to be a round nose, I have tried, really would like to try the leverevolutions. Les

one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought the new Hornadys were quite long, but just seated real deep.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Violator22
posted Hide Post
Actually the new leveevolutions look alot like blackpowder Power belts in shape, short but pointy. Les

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Les, You sure are shaking some cobwebs in my old memories.

Did the 303Sav normally come loaded with a 190gr RN?

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote