New
Find
Notify
Tools

20ga 3" Hulls
 Login/Join

<T.P. Stephens>
posted
Looking for a source of Winchester compression formed 3" hulls. Do I have to buy a case of duck loads I don't need just to get the cases for my custom loads?? Any of you duck hunters save any of the X-Pert or Super-X Winchester cases, want to ship some to me for reasonable value??

Consider also 3" 20ga Remington or Federal hulls.

I've tried finding sources for new but you can't get there on the Winchester web site.

<dennis hepner>
posted
[QUOTE]Originally posted by T.P. Stephens:
Looking for a source of Winchester compression formed 3" hulls. Do I have to buy a case of duck loads I don't need just to get the cases for my custom loads?? Any of you duck hunters save any of the X-Pert or Super-X Winchester cases, want to ship some to me for reasonable value??

Consider also 3" 20ga Remington or Federal hulls.

I've tried finding sources for new but you can't get there on the Winchester web site.
[/QUOTE
T.P.,
I LOAD FOR 20 GA. AND IT HAS BEEN MY EXPERIENCE THAT THE 11/4 OZ LOADS ARE QUITE A BIT SLOWER THAN A 1OZ.LOAD. I LOAD IN WIN.AA HULLS, WIN.1OZ.WADS DUPONT 4756 POWDER, AND FEDERAL 209's, FEDERAL PRIMERS IN THIS COMBINATION ARE 50FPS FASTER THAN CCI, FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH. ALSO FOR GAME I USE COPPER PLATED 6 SHOT, YES IT COSTS MORE BUT WORTH EVERY PENNY ON GAME.PENETRATES BETTER TOO. I DON'T FOOL WITH THE SO CALLED MAGNUM SHELLS, GIVE THE LAST ONES AWAY. MY 1OZ. LOAD CHRONOS 1250FPS
DENNIS

one of us
posted Hide Post
T.P.
Go to waterfowler.com! Scroll down to to message forums on the left side of the screen and click.
Once the forum topics appear scroll down to the Reloading and Ballistics topic and join the fun! The guys over there know where you can locate just about anything having to do with shotguning. Ballistic Products or Reloader Specialties may be a good place to start also!
Hope this helps,
Elk Country

Posts: 180 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: 26 March 2002Reply With Quote