New
Find
Notify
Tools

180grs Accubond / 300WM
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Have started to make testloads with 180grs Accubond and started at 76grs and 76,5 grs MRP(RL22).

Does any of you guys have any thoughts about this ?

TIA

Posts: 64 | Location: Norway | Registered: 07 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Assuming that "WM" means Winchester Magnum...
RL-22 From 63.5 grains to 77.0 grains
Winchester WLR Primer

MRP From 72.0 grains to 77.0 grains
Winchester WLR Primer

You are starting kind of high on the scale!

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found H4831 to be slightly more accurate with this bullet out of mine (approx 73 grains). I would start out at lighter charges of RL22 though. I have a tight chambered custom 300WM and it showed pressure signs at 75 grains. It is an accurate bullet though, but I gave up on them because the first shot from a clean barrel was a couple inches from the others, and for some reason a cold shot from a fouled barrel was still off from the others though not as bad. I have had better consistancy with partitions. But hey, so many people have had good luck with them I would go by your own experience after trying them.

Posts: 395 | Location: Tremonton, UT | Registered: 20 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your reply's.
I'l take the chrony and see what speed i get, QuickLoad has no "objections" to that loads either so i guess it will be okay.

Is there anyone who have seen some expansion-test's of this bullet ?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've shot 180's with RL-22 in about 8 different 300 win Mags. In one (a sig 550) the maximum load was 75grs. In all the others 76-77 usually was the load. I might start a little lower in case you have a tight bore.
The only expansion test I've done with accubonds is with a 225gr 338 Accubond on a 6x6 Elk. It expanded perfectly!........DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I've shot 180's with RL-22 in about 8 different 300 win Mags. In one (a sig 550) the maximum load was 75grs. In all the others 76-77 usually was the load. I might start a little lower in case you have a tight bore.
The only expansion test I've done with accubonds is with a 225gr 338 Accubond on a 6x6 Elk. It expanded perfectly!........DJ

My normal load is around the same as your's. Will post some results and pic's of groupings after my range-day.

Thanks guys. :-)