New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS Customer Service
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was reloading some 38 special nickel plated brass a few weeks ago and after about 200 cases I noticed that they were getting scratched quite badly. I looked at the die (steel die) with a borescope and noticed that there were significant scratches in the die with what looked like pieces of nickel imbedded in them.

This is the first time I have sized nickel plated brass and was not aware that there was an issue. A few minutes on the internet informed me that this is a common problem and that the RCBS die instructions state not the use nickel cases in steel dies.

Ok my mistake, I screwed up. So, I ordered a new set of dies. This time Carbide.

I wanted to confirm that the carbide dies would work with the nickel brass and make sure I did not do this again. So, I sent an e mail to RCBS telling them what happened and asking them to confirm that the carbide would be fine with the nickel cases.

I got a response from them very quickly that the carbide is fine with the nickel and that my die may be reparable if I would like to send it in.

I sent the die in for them to check out. I was really surprised when about a week later I received a package from them with a brand new carbide sizing die in it.

So to recap I screwed up the die by doing something that I should not have done and they not only replaced it but upgraded my steel die to a carbide die.

Wow, I thought that customer service was dead. But not at RCBS! I wanted to share my experience with you.

Posts: 694 | Location: Santa Ynez Valley, Ca | Registered: 14 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
This kind of customer service is typical of RCBS, they are an excellent company and have excellent products.
There are only a handful of US companies that go beyond on their warranty and I will keep buying from them for good.
RCBS, Leupold, Ruger

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bob from down under
posted Hide Post
Green is good

Regards,
Bob.

Posts: 480 | Location: Australia | Registered: 15 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RCBS and Leupold both get almost 100% favorable feedback.

Posts: 3811 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is how I learned the RCBS people deal with their customers. Excellent Company!

To prevent scratching of die, wash all you cases in a soapy solution, drying it and only then sizing it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can polish any die yourself using a snug fitting shotgun cleaning mop and a drill.

Just put some J&B bore paste, automotive rubbing compound, Mothers mag wheel polish etc on the mop and start polishing.

The nickel breaks loose from the case mouth as the case is sized, and "will" become embedded in a standard steel die.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've posted several times of how wonderful RCBS has been to me even when I've screwed up.

So I concur! Green is great!

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I too have had good luck with RCBS C/S

Posts: 1137 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Several years ago, I bought a (made in Mexico) RCBS 10-10 scale. I really liked the operation of the 10-10 but it just would not hold zero. I replaced it with a digital scale and later an older 5-0-5 for trickling. I called RCBS service and they recommended that I send in the 10-10 for service since I had already tried what they had suggested to correct the problem. Around 7:00 yesterday evening a brown truck dropped off a brand new M1000 at my door. Great customer service for sure. Other companies could learn from RCBS

By the way, the M1000 is really nice scale. I played with it last night and as it turns out, it is easier to use than the old 10-10. I'm very happy with the exchange.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.

Posts: 383 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 24 December 2011Reply With Quote