New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sellier and Bellet Brass
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Don't reject this stuff! It seems to be excellent quality at an incredible price. Cheaper than remington and about the same quality as norma but with less burr on the flash holes. Also a good selection of metrics.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I dont know about the larger calibres , but the .22 hornet has got very small flash holes . The only thing I done was to drill a 1mm hole through all the flash holes , so that it would stop pulling my decapping pin out. The brass is very strong , and some of those cases are going on to load No. 7 .

Regards
Rudie

Posts: 150 | Location: Witbank ,South - Africa | Registered: 22 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BER007
posted Hide Post
about the same quality as norma but with less burr on the flash holes. [/QUOTE]

I can't doubt about you. But I can't compare Sellier&Bellot to Norma in ANY cases.

Sellier&Bellot are great for the price but nothing more.

I'm a happy user of Sellier&Bellot for caliber that I don't reload and I'm very happy with this brand.

Posts: 831 | Location: BELGIUM | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Mudruck>
posted
The S&B brass seems ok overall. Ive used it in a couple rifles I have. One thing that bothers me on some of the brass is the primer pocket is too shallow by a couple .001 and you either have to mash the primers in(Eww!) or true them up with a reamer.(less of an Eww! but still and Eww! none the less)

One thing nice though, they have brass for some of the more 'off' cals at reasonable prices.

Mudruck
Utah Varminters Association
http://www.armscenter.com/uva

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been pleasantly surprised with S&B's 7.62x54R brass. That is until I got 100 rounds of Lapua brass. The only problem of course is the Lapua brass cost me as much as the 100 loaded rounds of S&B.

I would say S&B is more on the level of Remington brass than Norma - but neverthess it's useable.

I do agree with the primer pockets. I have to use CCI 200 primers to get them to seat flush.

Posts: 498 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 13 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Apologies to all I had a mind fart, I meant Sako not Norma which I haven't ever examined. I had been told that Sako brass is excellent and indeed it does shoot very well but the flash hole has a lot of burr. My last lot of remington was appalling around the necks, blobs of metal concealing small cracks, mixed lots (headstamps varying thickness)

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, I was really intrigued to see this thread about S&B brass. I've got a new 6mm Contender barrel chambered by Mike Bellm using improved 5.6X50R (Magnum) brass. It comes out as basically a "stretched" version of the 6mm TCU. Anyway, the first and only brass I've used thus far has been Hirtenberger. I've been DISAPPOINTED w/ the HP brass, as have others using it for similar wildcats based on the same parent cartridge. Have entertained possibly trying RWS brass since it has such a good reputation, but only source I've found in the States is PRICEY (Old West Scrounger @ $24/20 pieces...). It was rumored last summer that S&B was going to start importing brass, but when I contacted them 6 mos ago, they denied any plans for such at the present. Now for my questions--where's your source for S&B brass, especially you guys in the States? [Confused] For you guys across the ocean, would it be cost prohibitive for me to buy RWS or S&B brass and have it shipped to the US? [Confused] I'm pleased thus far w/ my barrel, but it's been frustrating/time consuming working w/ the HP brass. Gary T.

Posts: 491 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pumpkinheaver
posted Hide Post
I load their brass in .45acp it seems OK to me, once you get the primercrimp reamed out.

Posts: 414 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 28 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gary,

My 6.5x55 cost about �22 for a hundred. I don't know how much air freight would be.

You could speak to Reloading Solutions who source lots of weird stuff for me and Deerdogs. Tel 0044 1865 791307.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gary you can try ebay.de and then search on wiederladen , you can find there cheap 5.6 x 50 R one fired RWS cases , no problem here to send empty cases to the states ( if the seller can't send to USA I can do it , e-mail me ) , I have just a few 5.6 cases , also Frankonia Jagd in Germany it's the distributor of S&B reloading components try http://www.waffen-online.de/frankonia.htm

Saludos

Daniel

Posts: 332 | Location: Cantabria Spain | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1894 & Daniel M., Thanks for the suggestions! Will check into it. Gary T. [Big Grin]

Posts: 491 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote