New
Find
Notify
Tools

Duplex loading ??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
If all this BS was effective and safe some company would jump on it in a mini second!!

So since Alf loves it when someone yells bsflag let me be the first..

Ive read Hell I was there, and more than a few places I will call bsflag the first being he rode broncs that made him bleed out his nose and ears, Been on too many to buy that stuff. you don't bleed until you hit the dirt, rocks or whatever, its the sudden stop.

I just can't buy off on this thread, but hey it was interesting and made some good conversation and wasn't boring I like that.. so Ithink all the posters for that.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41838 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And I thought duplex loading was different types and layers of shot in a shot shell.

I’ve done a lot of that, and a few manufacturers sold them.

Steel 4 with tungsten 2, lead 2 and 6 shot, etc. in the good old days, 2 oz total lead 4 with some nickel plated 2’s in a 3.5” 10 ga worked great with pass shooting large duck. 1.25 oz 4 with 0.75 oz 2 on top)

By the way, I think the flash tube idea is kind of what is behind the Remington hypersonic shot shell loads (I read that, I haven’t cut any open to see personally... I’d rather shoot bismuth or tungsten than 1700 FPS steel anyhow.)

Posts: 10609 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I first read Graeme Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" I was amazed that he walked through loading duplex loads, as I always thought it was super-dangerous. But he wrote about it like it was no big deal and fairly common.

Have never done it myself, though.

Posts: 1724 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote