New
Find
Notify
Tools

Isn't this funny?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
About two months ago my Lyman DPS 1200 started forgetting how to return to zero after a charge was dispensed. So I packed it up and returned it to Lyman for repairs. I was sent a nice letter telling me there have been 3 upgrades since my unit was made and they did not have parts for it.
However for $150 they would send me a brand new version. Well I decided to buy the PACT unit instead.

Low and behold I get a call last week from Lyman asking what I want to. I said send it back. She says to try it because they tested it and no problems.

I get it today and sure enough after about 1/2 an hour of testing it works perfect. The letter with the unit said they calibrated it and tested.

Funny they tried to sell me a new unit first!

Molon Labe

New account for Jacobite

Posts: 631 | Location: SW. PA. | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The letter offering the upgraded exchange was probably mailed before the returned unit was even unboxed.
Sadly, it's called "merchandizing".

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is strange.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Used it again today and it worked like new. I am thinking they did something to it.

Molon Labe

New account for Jacobite

Posts: 631 | Location: SW. PA. | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Their service techs seem to be block heads.
I sent them an Auto Scale for parts replacement and calibration. They sent it back complete but malfunctioning. After some use I figured out the problem and fixed it myself. I bought another Auto-Scale off of Graybeard's. The original owner told me it never shut off at exactly zero. I was able to determine what caused that too. I like the Auto Scale but I would not want to send another back to Lyman.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SR,

Tell me about Tarawa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
rcamuglia

The kid was my dad.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have loaded many thousands of rounds with two Lyman Autoscales and two Lyman DPS 1200's, with a 1500 Electronic Scale for free lancing new loads. No problems with any of them except for a hung up dispensing tube with long grain powders occasionally that finger pressure twisting will fix. Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote