New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS "PiggyBack" Anybody use one???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any of y'all use the PiggyBack from RCBS that turns the Rockchucker into a progressive loader?? I won a kit and just wondering what to expect when I get it and try it out! Thanks!! GHD

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brent andrade
posted Hide Post
thats a great thing to win ! i tried one , but as i load for so many i found the dillon to be easier to change fast ! it is by far better than the lees , very strong and way durable , just follow the directions , and go slow at first , as speed will follow with familiarity . god speed and enjoy as you have a very good toy to use ,brent

Posts: 40 | Location: pennsylvania , usa. | Registered: 01 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Curious what you find out......just bought a new RCBS RC Supreme...thinking maybe a Piggyback for the high volume stuff.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brent and skb, Thanks for the replies! 30+ years of single stage loading is a hard habit to break!! I'll still do the single stage deal on my varmint and target ammo in the rifles but it just may make me take the time to load for the handguns!!! I used to load for the 44Mag but it just took too long with the old press!! Will report on what I think! GHD

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ended up sending my Piggyback back to RCBS for a refund...it was a piece of garbage to me...ended up with a Dillon and am happy as a dead pig in the sun.

Posts: 373 | Location: Leesburg, GA | Registered: 22 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use one for 45 ACP and .223. It works OK once you have it set up. The nylon bushing that makes it turn is a weak point, it will be ruined if you manipulate the handle wrong. The powder measure activator has a device to make it only work when a case in in place. It has malfunctioned. The cartridege ejector is mickey mouse. The primer feed involves plastic parts that break and are currently wired together on my unit. I spend a lot of time ajusting and fiddling when I use it. Once it is tweaked I can crank out a lot of ammo very fast. Life is too short for such frustrations. Now that I know better I would just break down and get a Dillon.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i agree with scota4570, the bushing is a weak spot. i used one for along time. 1 warning for you on 44mag--- weigh all your charges. the rcbs powder measurer isnt real accurate too me.and especially if you will be using 296 or 110. i have since upgraded to a dillion 550 an love it