THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Does Anyone Use A Forster Co-ax Case and Cartridge Inspector

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Anyone Use A Forster Co-ax Case and Cartridge Inspector
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am considering ordering an instrument to check case neck and bullet runout. Do any of you use the Forster Co-ax Case and Cartridge Inspector (the runout gauge) , and if so, how do you like it?

Posts: 189 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

I own and use a Forster/Bonanza Co-ax press and dies exclusively, so when I started needing a runnout guage, I naturally inspected the Forster. I bought the RCBS instead, simply because it will measure more different areas for the same or less money. In other words, it was the better value.

Coach

Posts: 114 | Location: near Abilene, Texas | Registered: 04 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got a Co-Ax press, but decided on the Sinclair concentricity and case neck gauges. Have been happy with my setup.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got a Sinclair concentricity gauge, and it taught me that the expander ball is the main villian and that seater dies that don't hold the case are the minor villian.

So now that I know that, the $73 instrument has nothing new to tell me, but I am getting much better groups now, so it was worth it. You could skip one of my steps.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys.

Clark: did you get the improved groups just by removing your expander ball?

Posts: 189 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BB,
I am getting great groups this year, but of all the things I did, I have not gone back to see which are really needed.
http://www.nookhill.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=007492#000000

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote