New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swift Brass quality
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Appealing for comments on quality of Swift brass for reloading. Particularly .375 Ruger brass. I have never used Swift brass before. To all you knowledgeable handloaders where would it fit on the scale bewtween say, Hornady and Norma quality ?
Thanks for any and all replies.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2080 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTT for another try.....
Would anyone who has actually handloaded Swift brass, any calibre, care to make a comment please ?

Posts: 2080 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Ate they actually making their own brass or is it OEM from a major supplier? I’m surprised if they actually make it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ate they actually making their own brass or is it OEM from a major supplier? I’m surprised if they actually make it.

An appropriate question. Knowing who the manufacturer is might answer the question. Thanks Baxter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
When looking at the Swift site it refers to Hornady unprimed brass. Perhaps Hornady is the answer to the question of who supply’s Swift brass. Good Shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Phurley. I read the same thing. Would like to know for sure who makes it. If Hornady I'll avoid it having had poor results with Hornady in other calibres. Was hoping someone would know if it's made by Norma or Lapua... Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered some custom ammunition recently from a very well respected custom ammo maker. They had every kind of brass to choose from. I assumed Lapua/Norma was the best and said “give me that”. Interestingly enough, they said sure thing, but the Petersen is cheaper and we’re finding it survives more reloads. I was surprised to hear that feedback from someone eminently qualified.

Posts: 238 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: 15 May 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't say about the reloading, but the factory swift ammo seems quite good and reliable.

I haven't found a source of any .416 remington mag brass yet, and I haven't even gone through all the factory ammo I have. That's the only swift ammo/cases I have used.

Posts: 10971 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote