New
Find
Notify
Tools

Homemade Brass Catcher
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I really enjoy reloading. My problem is that with just one leg its a challenge to pick up the brass ejected from my autos. So, I made me a brass catcher out of an old t-shirt and a length of hot/cold PVC pipe from Lowes. It works even better that I had anticipated and it didn't cost hardly anything.

Here are the Pics:

Here is the thing put together. PVC and old T-shirt. The black clips keep it from sagging.

Here is the frame I made from the PVC pipe

Here is how I take the frame apart to put in in my backpack for when I go to the range.

It ain't patented so feel free use/modify my homemade brass catcher.
Hack

Posts: 103 | Location: Columbus, Georgia | Registered: 08 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Someone on another Forum asked for the dimensions, so here they are:

Hack

Posts: 103 | Location: Columbus, Georgia | Registered: 08 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Neccesity is the Mother of Invention, covenience is the Father.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Truer words were never spoken.

Hack

one of us
posted Hide Post
I took a 2.5 gal plastic cat litter jug and cut out most of the flat panel out of one side. Then hung a piece of plastic sheet on the opening with a piece of duct tape. It's light and easy to carry to the range. When I get there I throw a sand bag inside to anchor it. So far it's caught all my 308 brass out of my BAR before they land in the Wisconsin snow.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote