New
Find
Notify
Tools

Case Trimmers: Gracey or Giraud
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The Gracey has received some excellent reviews in a couple of magazines. The Giraud is listed at $330, the Gracey is a bit less expensive at $227 but it isn't clear from the web site if this includes a case holder.

Does anyone here have experience with both? What are the relative advantages and disadvantages of both units.

Giraud Case Trimmer
Gracey Case Trimmer

Thanks

[ 10-30-2003, 02:35: Message edited by: djl4570 ]

Posts: 62 | Location: SF East Bay Area - California | Registered: 20 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
I have a Gracey and like it very much but if I were to buy one today, it'd be the Giraud I think.

They're similar in most respects except the Gracey being horizontally oriented tends to walk around the bench and some have noted that brass chips can get inside the shell holder and alter your trim length (I haven't noticed this).

The Giraud is vertically oriented and seems more ergonomically designed. Either will serve you very well, I'm sure.

Redial

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
I bought a Gracey for .223 cases but I have a Dillon 650 with case feeder and the Gracey was not able to trim cases that hadn't been resized.

This defeated the purpose of a progressive press and I returned the Gracey.

I bought a forester vertical holder and used two drill presses to trim the cases after that.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote