THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Help with my new Lee Turret Press Please (rifle reloading)

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with my new Lee Turret Press Please (rifle reloading)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just received my Lee Turret Press and the directions seem kind of vague to me. I know I am missing the shell holder that goes in the press (.223) I have the RGB die kit and I am expecting the Collet die kit in the mail next week sometime. Does the shell holder just slide into place and snap in so its not loose? Also is there a hole in the holder so when I raise the ram to the die it will push out the primer and it will fall to the ground? I am brand new to using a press I have had bunches of help from mickburger I just thought I would ask this one in open forum. As always any help is greatly appreciated.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
yes the shell holder just slids in,their should be a clear plastic tube that will go under the shell holder to catch the primers,

Posts: 82 | Location: az | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It will all become clear when you get your shell holder. But, just as with your RGB die set, no shell holder comes with the collet die. You would have gotten a Lee shell holder with either a Delux or Pacesetter die set.

Posts: 1615 | Location: South Western North Carolina | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any brand of shell holder will work, if you can find one locally.