Find
Notify
Tools

Subsonic .308win
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of young_ph
posted
Do any of you have subsonic load data for the .308win? Any powder/bullet weight would be appreciated, thanks!

Posts: 85 | Location: Limpopo, RSA | Registered: 04 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
About 11 to 12 grains of Trail Boss, 147 grain FMJ or 155 grain Match bullet.. or any 150 grainer of your choice..

rifle or pistol primers, doesn't matter..

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just started on subsonic loads. Decided to use the Lazer True shot 170gr lead bullets which come with the meplat and Fed Mag primers. Wasn't satisfied with the Red Dot some folks recommend. Unique worked good but more noise. The Trail Boss worked good but at much lower weights. 7.9-8.0 put me at 1045 fps. Of course the lubed lead bullet pushes easier which is why I picked it. One powder that is looking really good is the Winchester WST. It doesn't fill the case as well as Trail Boss but it ignites easy and is very consistent. At 6.5-6.7 I get consistent velocities and low report noise. This is from a 24" heavy barrel, 11" twist, and can. Will check the accuracy of these loads soon.

Posts: 52 | Location: Texas | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
6.0 gr of Universal Clays and the 147 gr FMJ seems to work too. My Chrono is out of battery so I haven't clocked it. It shoot about 8" low at 100 yds. More to come.

Posts: 3 | Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 August 2008Reply With Quote