New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody using wolf primers?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I replenished my primer supply, the dealer had Wolf primers at fairly decent prices so I stocked up. Anybody using them and an idea of what they are comparable to, any problems? Fed are impossible to find anymore and all the other big name are spotty at best, had about 10K cci 200 on hand so picked up a sleeve+2 of them also. Might be a good time to stock up with our new messiah in office! 0k

One of Us
posted Hide Post
hi swheeler,
I used wolf primers for about 6 monmths and just could not get over concerns about the uniformity of the cup. They were hard to seat. On the accuracy side, I have no real complaints. I went back to federal after that and have had no complaints.
I am able to find them today at cabellas online. But you are right...they can be hard to find recently.

Posts: 155 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 13 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm stuck with them now, but will get out and test a few. I always used to keep 10-15k federal 210M on hand, I have none! The only fed primers i have left is a single brick of 215's. Looks like it will be wolf primers for about a year anyways.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use them and have no problems with them. I find they seat about as hard as CCI's. Haven't noticed a deterioration in performance or accuracy of my loads. I think you can't beat them for the price.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Joe. Looks like I'll get to try some soon. Yes the price is right, a years supply for under 500.00 isn't bad. Heck their 209 shotgun primers are 10.00 a thousand cheaper than Win 209, not bad.

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Roll EyesBeen using the small rifle primers for about a year and have had only one problem. The 12bvss-s some time punctures them. It has done that to some other primers as well. Other than that the wolf primers so far are top shelf. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
Roll EyesBeen using the small rifle primers for about a year and have had only one problem. The 12bvss-s some time punctures them. It has done that to some other primers as well. Other than that the wolf primers so far are top shelf. beerroger

Thanks Roger, yes I got 5K of the small rifle for 223, wqhen I get a chance I'm going to pick up a couple more sleeves to put away, you never know what our polititions are up to!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't used any and can't comment one way or the other. I do know that the Wolf Match Extra 22's I had were Lapua primed and shot great from my Remington 37. They are worth trying, that's for sure.

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I bought 1000LP to give them a try. The go bang, accuracy seems fine. I don't know about rifles though. I'll keep using them for handgun stuff, but I will shop around for a couple 1000 Federal LR.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote