New
Find
Notify
Tools

105 A Max in .243AI / 6mm
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone found a really accurate load for the 105 gn A Max in a .243 Ackley or 6mm Rem. that they would like to share ?
Tried H4350 / AR2209 today but ran into pressure signs at 3020 FPS without good accuracy (vertical stringing) .
Would like 3000 FPS plus .Have access to Hodgdon Extreme (A.D.I.) powders , Winchester WXR / Re 22 .Others hard to come by in Oz .

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Bush... I shoot a 1 in 8 twist Hart 6 Rem and the 105's with an overbook load of IMR 4831 or R22 shoot exta ordinarily good. High speed's 3100 + and low SD's. Barrel length is 28" however.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
bush

i shoot a 1/10 twist 24" barrel. it likes 47,4 grains of imr-4831. over 3000fps in my rifle. according to data i received from another source you can start at 45grs and work your way up to 48grs.

please note in my signature about handloads.

PLEASE EXCUSE CAPS, HANDICAPPED TYPIST.

"THE" THREAD KILLER

IT'S OK......I'VE STARTED UP MY MEDS AGAIN. THEY SHOULD TAKE EFFECT IN ABOUT A WEEK. (STACI-2006)

HAPPY TRAILS

HANDLOADS ARE LIKE UNDERWEAR....BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SWAP WITH.

BILL

Posts: 479 | Location: MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys . Have H4831SC on hand . Will try it and follow up with WXR (same as Re22) if no luck .
Any comments on seating depth ?

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote