THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Loading 6.5 X 68 with Vith. N160 and N560 powders

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loading 6.5 X 68 with Vith. N160 and N560 powders
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A friend of mine asked me to reload, but no data available on the Lapua/Vith. website. Does anyone have any good loads to share, using 125 ang 140 g. bullets? Thanks - Lorenzo

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo, the new VV data on the website hardly contains any load data for European ("only") cartridges. Before they published this new data, VV had a section for metric data, and that included a lot of European cartridges. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they'll come up with new data for these cartridges some day.

Until such time, see if you can't locate an older VV reloading manual or flyer. It *might* just have data in it. I'll see if I can remember to have a look in my old flyer over the weekend. The 6.5x68 was never a super popular round, though. So don't hold your breath. Other option: try contacting Lapua/VV via their website. If they have data, I'm sure they'll share them with you.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Viht. reloading guides from 1997 and 2000 give the following maximum loads:
105 grains Nosler SP; COL 82.5 mm; N160 67.0 grains; Vo 1020 m/s
125 grains Nosler Partition; COL 86.5 mm; N160 64.0 grains; Vo 955 m/s

Posts: 98 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dutchgus beat me to it, but I did remember to look... The data in my VV reloading flyer is the same.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote