New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sinclair Priming Tool
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Received a Sinclair Priming Tool for Christmas and finally had a chance to use it last night. Really the Caddilac of handheld priming tools! As stated in previous forum posts, if you're not loading a large volume of cartridges (primers are fed by hand one at a time) where speed is needed you will love this tool.

Posts: 26 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I concur. I bought extra heads to hold different shell holders. That makes it easier to change to a different cartridge.

Bob257

Posts: 434 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have looked at the Sinclair tool for some time. Question if you have to load the primers one at a time into the priming tool, isn't there increased risk for primer contamination? Or am I just being paranoid?

Posts: 83 | Location: ND | Registered: 23 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
i have been using this tool for a long time.what i do is pick up the primers with a pair of twizzers.to keep from getting moister on them.this is a great tool.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I always wash my hands before handling primers to ensure the primers are not contaminated by oil or dirt.

Before using a hand priming tool, I used the adapter included with my Rock Chucker press. I've loaded 1000s of rounds this way over the years (pistol and rifle) and haven't had a problem with primer contamination.

Posts: 26 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does the Sinclair use Lee shellholders?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Knowing Siclair, I'm sure it's a fine piece of equipment. However, priming is not that complex of an operation, and any upside the Sinclair tool may offer is far outweighed, in my book, by the convenience and speed of any of the tray-fed tools.

Contamination doesn't really concern me, but picking up each individual primer is simply making things harder and more time-consuming than they need to be.

Maybe the Sinclair tool minimizes primer runout, if there is such a thing.

My $0.02,
RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You manually feed primers one at a time, and it costs $100.00 to boot?

I'm sure it's nice and everything, especially if someone bought it for you for Christmas, but doesn't that seem just a little overvalued?

Posts: 108 | Location: not where I was... | Registered: 09 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

You manually feed primers one at a time, and it costs $100.00 to boot?

I'm sure it's nice and everything, especially if someone bought it for you for Christmas, but doesn't that seem just a little overvalued?

Honestly, for a hand held priming tool that feeds primers 1 at a time, it's quite expensive. As advertised, primer feel when seating is superb! There are tools out there for 1/10th the cost that will perform the same operation; however, if you look at the material, workmanship, design, etc. it's a beautiful tool. It's almost a shame to use it!

I would suspect that if you take into account the labor, material, etc. to make the tool, Sinclair is not making a large profit on the sale.

Am I happy Santa dropped one off at my house... you bet!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Does the Sinclair use Lee shellholders?

Thanks in advance.

Yes.

Posts: 2272 | Location: PDR of Massachusetts | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been looking at the Sinclair tool for years! Maybe someday, until then my trusty Lee will have to do.

Rick

Posts: 178 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of muskrat
posted Hide Post
K and M makes a good primeing tool and it only cost $40.00.
I can't see much of a difference in it from the Sinclair.

Maybe someone who has used both could comment on them????
If you make all of your primer pockets the same uniformed size, where is the difference going to come from? Am I missing something here?

muskrat
live to shoot-shoot to live!

Posts: 287 | Location: central ohio | Registered: 05 January 2003Reply With Quote