New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: OPINIONS ON RUGER MINI 30
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
the mini 30... cute gun... looks like fun to shoot, perhaps more fun than an sks, due to the stock length...

.308 bore means that accuracy will be questionable.. but reload it from .308, and it should improve

i enjoy shooting an sks... it's not an accurate rifle.. but it is a "battle" rifle, not a hunting rifle, by design.

now, just to stumble over a cz action

jeffe

Posts: 39691 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, so you spend your money and buy a Ruger Mini. You have every right to expect that the gun will capable of reasonable accuracy, and reliability. You have every right to expect this, without having to "fix" the thing in order to make it work properly.
I, for one, don't accept 2.5 MOA as acceptable. After spending over a year, and a good deal of time and money, 2.5 is the best I could get out of this POS. I repeat, "piece of shit." When it finally sunk into my fat head that the thing was crap to start with, I cleaned it up really good, and found a me dealer who took the thing in trade on a Savage Mod. 12 in .223. Now, just to clarify my position. The buyer should hot have to spend one additional cent on a purchased product in order to make it work. Savage Arms seems to understand that. First three rounds out of the gun went into 7/8 of an inch, using the same ammo that the Mini used in its immitation of a 12 gauge. No groups, just patterns.
I repeat, it was, is, and will always be a PIECE OF SHIT

Posts: 282 | Location: Mid-Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: 26 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just came back from the range. Installed a "Biathlon Stabilizer" on the barrel of my Mini-30. My load was 125gr Sierra and AA 2230. After it was all said and done I had my mini shooting 5 shot groups of .785in at 80 yards. I would post some pictures of the "Biathlon" and my targets if I knew how.

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote