New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Seconds" Bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have about 1000 150 and 180 gr Sierra .30 cal SPBT that I bought from Sierra 1n the 1980's.They was sold as "seconds" and have what looks like pensil lead off the lead end of the bullet.It twist off easy.I bought them to shot in my O3A3, and they shoot good.Would you hunt with them?There seems to be a lot more dicussion on bullets these days,and I think thats good.

Posts: 74 | Location: out west | Registered: 20 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go forth and shoot some critters.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would, and do. I buy them from Sierra every time I go by there.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have not shot Sierra's but have shot a ton of Noslers. Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
They are 2nd rate just like their name suggests. They might even blow up your rifle or cause other problems.
I`ll do you a favor just this once and take them off your hands no charge...might even pay shipping if yuo`re a hardship case.
Roll Eyes

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jpat
posted Hide Post
I buy "blemished" bullets from Midway every year. Shoot great w/ no negetive effect when taking game. I've received Sierra, Hornady, and Speer bullets. Usually it is the jacket color is off. Average $9.00 to 14.00 per 100. Best deal I ever got was 300 135gr .355 Hydroshock for $21.00. The powder company e-mailed my the load data as Federal had no idea Confused but told me what powder was used.

Posts: 447 | Location: NH | Registered: 09 May 2008Reply With Quote