New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloder 25 / 160 Accubond in 7mm WSM - WOW
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody used this combination and come up with an accurate load that they are willing to share ? Maximum according to Alliant is 70gns for 3090 FPS . No other powder that I've read about comes close to that velocity .

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been trying some RL-25 in both .300 Win Mag and .25-06 and am not too impressed with the performance I have gotten thus far. IMR 7828SSC seems to deliver better velocity and accuracy, despite slightly less loading density.

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Initial results with Re25 in the 7mm WSM have been very pleasing . 68gns gave 3030 FPS average for 3 shots . Group was 0.395 inches at 100 yards shot over a bipod and a rolled up jacket with a 7 power scope . Hope to be able to repeat it .
Measured case web before and after each shot and no measurable expansion at 68.5gns which gave 3048 FPS .

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
After shooting a 3 shot group that ran 0.395 yesterday with the 68gn Reloder 25 charge and 160gn accubond I loaded up another 6 rounds last night . Was feeling like the group was most probably a fluke as groups for 67.5gns and 68.5gns were both closer to 2 MOA than 1 MOA . Loaded 3 more rounds at the same O.A.L. of 74.7mm (lands contact at 75.16mm) and another 3 at 74.3mm. Went out and tried them this arvo . One 3 shot group ran 0.643 and the other 0.657 at 100 yards . Once again , no pressure signs evident .
Have to say that I am absolutely stoked with rifle , cartridge , powder and projectile . There's not too much game in this country that would run a long way after receiving a well placed shot with that load .
At 3030 FPS it will shoot very flat , almost exactly emulating my 140gn accubond load to 500 yards .
I will probably load up some 140 grainers with Reloder 25 as well and see how I go . Would be nice to be able to use 1 powder across the board and am just about out of AR2213SC (H4831SC) anyway .

Wilbur Smith

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I use a lot of Re25 and love it. When you drop down to the 140 grain bullet, you may consider Re22, however.

I was checking out the Barnes data for my 7mm Rem Mag and the 140 grain bullet, and for them, the Retumbo was, if I recall, their best tested powder. I would have thought H1000 would be #1 in that combo.

Good luck.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns