New
Find
Notify
Tools

ELECTRONIC TRICKLE CHARGER
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hope I'm not beating a dead horse, but These things look very interesting, not that my plastic spoon and beam scale don't work it's just.....well, you know. Just kinda dial it in and, there you are. Would apprecite any comments or opinions about these things. I see Lyman has about the best price yet. Thanks, Smoker

Posts: 215 | Location: NYS | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kory
posted Hide Post
I have the Lyman 1200DPS and love it. It gives me great peace of mind. I would guess 70% of the time it is dead on, and the other 30% is with in .1 grain. It does have a 30 minute warm up period, but that can be bypassed. I don't recommend bypassing it, though, because it will effect the accuracy and repeatability.

Kory

Posts: 860 | Location: Montana | Registered: 16 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the PACT scale/thrower combo. I am confident in it enough to use it for my 17Ackley Hornet. 1/10th of a grain is the difference between safe and smoking primer pockets. Want to change weights just punch it in. I timed throwing 53 grains of H4831 it took about 30seconds, RL22 and the finer powders are a bit faster. That is about how long it takes me to dump a charge pick up a bullet seat it and check OAL. I spend alot of evening on the phone, so I bang out rounds before I realize I am done. Just push the button. They are great for 50-100 at a time. No good to load for pairie dogs or really high volume. Takes about ten minutes to calibrate the scale thrower

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Kory and Hornetfan. Your input is really appreciated. Smoker

Posts: 215 | Location: NYS | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What Kory said. I have one and really like it.

Posts: 294 | Location: Waunakee, WI USA | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote