Find
Notify
Tools

6mm-284 dies- where?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
I couldn't wait for my LH MRC action to build another varmint rig (22-250AI) so I converted a shot out Savage 110CL in 243 to 22-250. If it doesn't do what I want I can always improve it later.
Anyway, with the MRC action I decided to build a 6mm-284 and was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy reloading dies off the shelf, for this?

Posts: 12602 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about off the shelf, but mine were made by RCBS. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Redding. The make regular and bushing style.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oops, sorry. Added a .5 that wasn't there.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fjold,

I actually have a set of dies, I believe they are Reddings, that I bought and never used, gave them to a friend and they never built the rifle either.

If desired I can see if they would sell them to you,,since I gave them to that party.

email me if you would like me to check it out.

cheers and good shooting
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fjold,

I either have a set of 6- 284 or 6.5, can't remember, not sure if I have them in my storage building or the moving company has them with my furniture, will look tomorrow when I go to my storage building and let you know. The more I think about it, I think they are 6-284.

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote