THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    How does Accurate Arms 4350 compare to IMR and H4350

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How does Accurate Arms 4350 compare to IMR and H4350
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of crl
posted
I see IMR and H 4350 compared as the being similar and interchangeable. What about Accurate Arms 4350.

crl

The average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty; and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies.

Posts: 379 | Location: MN | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
I have found AA 4350 to be equal to Hodgdon's version.. I find IMR 4350 to be more accurate than both of them, in a wide variety of calibers and a wide variety of bullet weights in those calibers...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In my experience H 4350 is slightly slower burning than IMR 4350. Thus you can usually use a grain or two more of it in a given load than what you can use of the IMR powder. So in my opinion they should not be regarded as being interchangeable.

I have no experience with the AA 4350.

"How's that whole 'hopey-changey' thing working out for ya?"

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AA powers come from a number of sources so I never know what to expect. China, Chezh republic what next?
Sometimes they smell like ether as do IMR powders but the 2495 I have smells like phenol (moth balls)

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ireload2:
AA powders come from a number of sources so I never know what to expect. China, Chezh republic what next?
Sometimes they smell like ether as do IMR powders but the 2495 I have smells like phenol (moth balls)

From what ireload2 says here and because almost all powders vary somewhat from lot to lot and year to year for that matter, your question has no definitive answer.

Armed with this belief several years ago when Accurate 4350 was on super sale I bought what I thought to be a life time supply.It well may last also, because I bought a fair amount of DP 85 And Dp 86 which will curtail some of the useage of the 4350. lol beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote