Notify
Tools

Need a 375 Ruger Recipe for Break-in with H4350
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Slatts
posted
Hey guys,

I have a bunch of H4350 powder and 300gr Nosler Partitions. What's a good easy charge to go with to fireform some cases and break in a new 375 Ruger Hawkeye?

Could I just use a middle of the road charge for the 375 H&H from Nosler 5?

Would love to hear from someone with personal experience on this combo. I would hate to think I'm the first one that's tried it! Well, maybe not... Big Grin

Posts: 468 | Location: Tejas | Registered: 03 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slatts:
Hey guys,

I have a bunch of H4350 powder and 300gr Nosler Partitions. What's a good easy charge to go with to fireform some cases and break in a new 375 Ruger Hawkeye?

Could I just use a middle of the road charge for the 375 H&H from Nosler 5?

Would love to hear from someone with personal experience on this combo. I would hate to think I'm the first one that's tried it! Well, maybe not... Big Grin

http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp

Posts: 2361 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The link to Hodgdon is:

http://data.hodgdon.com/cartridge_load.asp

I suggest that you verify the information yourself.

Here is the info that is copied from the Hodgedon website:

300 GR. HDY RN 300 H4350 .375" 3.280" 75.9 2510 48,300 PSI 80.7 2660 59,600 PSI

The break in procedure has more to do with the number of shots and cleaning procedure than with the ballistics of the load. Check with the manufacturer for break in procedures. Also, I wouldn't try fire forming brass to fit this caliber. You should just buy 375 Ruger brass from Hornady. If you contact Hornady, they will also give you loading data based on their development.

Good Luck.

Posts: 188 | Location: South Dakota, USA | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote