Find
Notify
Tools

505 loads
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted
I have lost (misplaced) my copy of the only manual I have that has Rel 25 loads for the 505 Gibbs. I need to load up some 525 gr Woodleighs and 600 gr Barnes solids and I want to use a bulky powder to keep from needing fillers. Any favorites out there? Thanks in advance.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Virginia Creeper
posted Hide Post
For current Reloader 25 data for the 505 Gibbs, I suggest that you see the Barnes Bullet reload data on that company's web page.
http://www.barnesbullets.com/images/505GibbsWeb.pdf
Remember that Barnes Bullets suggest that their X Bullest be seated 0.05 back off the lands.
Sincerely,

E Pluribus Unum - where out of many, we will become one.

Posts: 149 | Location: VA | Registered: 30 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tiggertate:

A couple of years ago, Geoff at Woodleigh gave me the following loads using the 600 grain PP and FMJ:

110 grains IMR 4320 with an est. muzzle velocity of 2220 FPS. He also suggested using IMR 4350 with a slightly higher charge weight.

I have not used these loads. I decided to use GS Custom 540 grain FPS and use RL 19 per Gerard's suggestion. See www.gscustom.co.za for load data using GS Custom bullets.

Also, you might want to contact Geoff at Woodleigh for any new load data concerning his bullets. I have always found that he responds fairly quickly.

Good Luck.

RCG

Posts: 1132 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote