New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lee 4 Hole Turret with Auto Index
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone own this press? If so, what are your likes and dislikes about the press? I just bought a new Taurus Tracker in 45 ACP and would like to simplify and speed up my case reloading.

I need an economically price press that will get the job done.

Posts: 179 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 26 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't have 4 hole yet. Have had 3 hole since it came out. Have 9 turrets set up. First, Auto Index is a pain, take it off. Better control indexing by hand; can even back up a step if need be. Love being able to change calibers by swapping turrets. Do short runs of a lot of calibers. If you are looking for 150-200 rounds per hour you are OK. 4-500 go to Dillon. If you are fairly new to reloading, I would still stay with the Lee, the Dillon can be intimidating. Even if you get a Dillon in a few years, the Lee will be handy since its doubtful you will need high volume for most rifles or magnum pistol.

Posts: 231 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 19 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i bought the 4 hole turret press to solve another problem. i prefer to batch load; i size and prime cases in one sitting, using a rcbs partner press to size and a rcbs ram prime die permantly set up in a lee reloader press, and store them in zip lock bags. when ready to load put cases base up in loading block and charge all the cases with powder using a lyman multi-expand die with powder measure attached. the turret holds two sets of seat and crimp dies, i turn turret back and forth by hand to seat and crimp cartridge. i did try putting all the dies in the turret and leave the case in shell holder until finished. found turning turret by hand easier than using auto index rod. the turret is faster than a single station press when a powder through die with measure attached is used, but found i like batch method better.

Posts: 107 | Location: alabama | Registered: 18 August 2002Reply With Quote