New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Electronic Scale Post
 Login/Join

<bigcountry>
posted
I bought that cheap cabelas model for 89 bucks. It sucks. It doesn't update unless you lift the pan and lay it down or wait 10 seconds after tricling. I hate it. So I need to know if any of your guys do this. I went back to the balance beam. Also, it was very sensitive to the placement of the pan on the center.

I want one, due to my eyes, that will update as fast as I trickle.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've posted many times on this subject. If you want a good electronic scale that is accurate and you can trickle into, then get the Pact Digital Precision Powder Scale or the RCBS Powder Pro scale (both the same scale, made by Pact). They are super scales. The only thing they won't do is allow you to trickle with "0" weight on the scale. You must have at least .5-.6 grains on the scale before the auto tare is disabled (auto tare is a super feature). This is not a problem, as I've never wanted to trickle powder into an empty scale pan.
I've tried several lesser electronic scales and I know what you're talking about, they were horrible.Buy the Pact DPPS and you won't be sorry.

[ 07-31-2003, 23:43: Message edited by: Bobby ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I concur. Only thing with the pact scale, is NO BREEZE at all is allowed. Here is AZ that tends to be a problem as fans, air cond. is always running.

Posts: 40 | Location: Phoenix AZ. | Registered: 15 October 2002Reply With Quote