THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Im getting a headake looking for data for new barnes bullet data

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Im getting a headake looking for data for new barnes bullet data
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought some of the Barnes 6mm 58grn varmintators for my .243 and dont know how to go about loading them. what if I load them acording to the hornady 58grn vmax data?

Some people say what they think!
Then there's those that say what they know!
And then there's those few that want to know everything!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Barnes has been known at time to be slow on loading data. The bullets i,m sure are a differnt length. I really don,t think you will have any problem with doing that. Both of them are the same weight,just seat them at the same as you do your v-max. They will work ok. This way you won,t have to change your die setting. van. What are you shooting that you need that bullet?

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd be crossreferencing any 60-70 grain data. Could see where the "max" accuracy loads for a 70 grainer fit in with some of the 60 grain data. I can't believe you wouldn't be safe using a top end 70 grain load. Then work up from there. Or start in the middle of 60 grain data and work from there.
Also....have you tried to e-mail barnes. I've emailed them about data for the tsx's and they've gotten back great data sheets within a couple of hours of my intitial e mail.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are you shooting that you need that bullet?

I tryed some of the same bullet in 72 grn and they shot very good so thought I would try the lighter ones.

have you tried to e-mail barnes

they will be closed untill 1/2 and I was wanting to load some up and shoot this weekend.

Some people say what they think!
Then there's those that say what they know!
And then there's those few that want to know everything!