Find
Notify
Tools

Bushing diameter for the 6.5x47mm Lapua brass
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted
I am awaiting the arrival of a 6.5x47mm Lapua that Kreiger Barrels is putting together for me.

I am trying to pick out a neck bushing for a set of Wilson dies I have in the shopping cart at Sinclair's. I will be using Lapua brass.

Does anyone have a good starting point?

These will be magazine fed rounds, so I would like about a 0.003" squeeze on them.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/re...903-36975-74671.aspx

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You need to have three or four loaded rounds with your brass and the bullet of choice. Measure the neck diameters and average them. subtract the .003" there is your bushing.
Or you could ask the techs at Sinclair. They will steer you in the right direction. Pretty knowledgeable guys and always happy to help.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. Ive done this in several other calibers, but it requires me making two orders from Midway/Sinclair. But I was hoping someone already had this combo and could save me a little trouble. Guess I will just have to do it same as mentioned above. Thanks for the reply.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
This is a bit off the mark, but I have a 260 Rem using Redding dies and Lapua brass and got the neck at .295 FWIW

Then had to subtract the .002" which is what I wanted.

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
Thanks! That's what I was looking for... A starting point.

I appreciate your help.

P.S. Does anyone have a Discount Code for either MidwayUSA or Sinclair Intl? I have to pay full proce plus shipping on a large order.