Find
Notify
Tools

Accubonds corroded
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted
I was loading today 200 gr 338 Accubonds and noticed the bullet tip was corroded. The copper jacket discolored around the tip with some white crystals. Anyone else have this problem with Accubonds. I have E-mailed Nosler about this.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Edmond,OK | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rob, that sounds bizarre. Just out of curiousity, where were the bullets kept, and in what, i.e. in the box they come in, and where?
Keep us posted as to what Nosler says.

Good Luck--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ye, Ive had accubounds that were either corroded, burnt or deformed,and the tips missing or melted off.

These were not seconds either

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted Hide Post
I kept them next to my loading area in a spare bedroom and in their box. On the Nosler Forum I've seen several others with this problem along with missing tips as mentioned

one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted Hide Post
I E-mailed Nosler but got no reply after 3 business days so I called. Seems the flux they use in bonding sometimes is not cleaned off and results in this problem. They are sending me a new box of bullets. I am mailing the box to them with the lot #. I thought they would be a little more generous but they at least replaced the bullets.