Find
Notify
Tools

375 ultra
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
OK
I got myself a 375 Ulra and now I need some tried and true loads. I also plan to load some 225 Hornadys as a light load for fun and maybe deer hunting in the north woods so any help would be appreciated..

Posts: 304 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 12 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am going to report you to PETA for even thinking of a .375 Ultra for deer.

Posts: 431 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 29 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can use the Barnes 210 gr or the Sierra 200 gr or the Hornady 220 gr.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think Eurocentric must've ready "338 Ultra". Smiler

I've wanted a 375 RUM for a few years. Don't know if I'll be able to afford to get one for a few more. However, when I was daydreaming about it, I wanted to use the 235 gr. Barnes. That would more than do the job on anything in North America. The only problem with the lighter bullets is that their B.C. sucks. As with any light for caliber bullet. If you wanted to stretch out the range a bit I'd probably look at a 260 gr. Nosler Accubond or similar. These are the options I was entertaining. No direct experience with the 375 RUM mind you. Just related experience with other medium-large bore magnums.

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Kingfisher, I meant the 375 RUM. I loaded for it for my dad, I had to load it down for him since he was getting older. One of the loads was 45 gr of IMR 4759 for the Sierra 200 gr. he loved Deer and Boar hunting

quote:
Originally posted by Kingfisher:
I think Eurocentric must've ready "338 Ultra". Smiler

I've wanted a 375 RUM for a few years. Don't know if I'll be able to afford to get one for a few more. However, when I was daydreaming about it, I wanted to use the 235 gr. Barnes. That would more than do the job on anything in North America. The only problem with the lighter bullets is that their B.C. sucks. As with any light for caliber bullet. If you wanted to stretch out the range a bit I'd probably look at a 260 gr. Nosler Accubond or similar. These are the options I was entertaining. No direct experience with the 375 RUM mind you. Just related experience with other medium-large bore magnums.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might try the 260 gr Accubonds. From what I've read, they seem to be pretty tough bullets and aerodynamic. I personally use TSXs in my .375 H&H. Unless you download them substantially, with the velocities you could get out of the 375 RUM, some of the bullets you are looking at could be grenades when they hit something.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote