New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Powder measure...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I like the Redding BR-30; if you want to weigh every case, you can throw just a few tenths shy of the wiegh, but it is waste of time with ball powders.

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with hand weighing if you're only doing a few.

Try the Lee measure, if you want to try one out. Varget is kind of in the middle of the difficulty to measure spectrum... not as hard as 4831, or the flake powders, and not as good as the ball powders. I tested my Lee, and the standard deviation of charges thrown with Varget was .11 grain, not enough to make any real difference in a practical load. So, for $25, it works about as well as anything.

Posts: 2281 | Location: Layton, UT USA | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
for small volume reloading I used nothing but a plastic spoon to dip and sprinkle and weighed every charge on a beam scale for several years.

It takes about a minute a piece to do that but it sure works and there's no wondering if you have moved the measure ....

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
or trickler/scale/funnel? For limited reloading (20-40 at a time), is a powder measure really necessary?

Posts: 185 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote