Find
Notify
Tools

Bullets for 8mm mauser
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of steve box
posted
Do any of you folks know were I might find place to buy 8x57 bullets at an econimical price

Following and duplicating a successful persons actions is worth ten thousand hard headed mistakes

Posts: 128 | Location: AL | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't think it'll get more economical than this:

http://www.grafs.com/product/266824

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:
I don't think it'll get more economical than this:

http://www.grafs.com/product/266824

X2

Posts: 323 | Location: Northeastern, PA | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would've said the same thing. I use the 198 grainers that list for a few bucks more, but each Prvi offering are about the least expensive that I've seen.

Posts: 174 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: 03 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
I have used with good success the 185 grain Core-loct Remington bulk bullets from Midway, Graf, etc, guy at gunbroker, for a long time now. I doubt you could find better performance for anywhere near the value. I also love the 200 Speer Hot Core in the 8x57. Back in the day, I would pull the 198 ball bullet from the very fine non corrosive machine gun ammo purchased 20 years ago and stuff a 200 Speer down in it's place. Very, very good load but at box bullet prices. I have only a few of this excellent ball ammo left so it stays as manufactured now and I load Remington commercial cases instead. I can't find any difference on deer sized game with the 185 CL.
regards,
dmw

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steve box
posted Hide Post
Thank you

Following and duplicating a successful persons actions is worth ten thousand hard headed mistakes

Posts: 128 | Location: AL | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Depending on how many you're going to shoot up and at what, you might want to look into casting them.

Posts: 323 | Location: Northeastern, PA | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Remington 185g PSP was my usual reload (until I came across the Prvi Partizan components for less). It was available at Cabela's for about $28 per 100. They worked okay, but I seated them longer than at the cannelure.
The cast bullet would be an option for most bolt guns, too. Anyone have an H&G #76 mold?

Posts: 174 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: 03 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
My favortie was the 200 gr Speer HCs but believe Speer is discontinuing them. My second favorite is the Rem 185 Cls. I've not tried the 175 PP, so can't say?

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote