THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    What Companies Besides Norma & Bertram make .416 Rigby Brass ??

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Companies Besides Norma & Bertram make .416 Rigby Brass ??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Folks,

after reading the bad reports on norma Brass in another thread, I am wondering what options besides Norma & Bertram I have for .416 Rigby Brass ??

I am not that happy with Bertram Brass and I do not want to spend 250-300AUS on 100 pieces of Norma Brass if I am only going to get 2 or 3 shots per case.

Thanks.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
federal makes it, but I don't know if they sell just the brass. You might also try Quality Cartridge, and A-square is back in business. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've already gotten more than two or three shots per case, with .416 Rigby Norma cases. If I remember correctly (I keep records, but don't have them here), I'm on my fourth, with no evidence of any problems.

I'm a lot farther along than that with my thirty-year-old Norma brass in 6mm Rem.

I had a '57 Mercedes that threw a rod in the early 70's. And it had carburetor trouble before that, until I installed a couple of fuel filters. That doesn't mean that I should run out and buy a Yugo because Mercedes's are NFG.

Norma is probably one of the BEST manufacturers of cartridge cases in the world. Maybe the best.

I am not Swedish, I know only a couple of Swedes and they aren't paying me anything. Free samples, however, may be sent to me c/o Don Greenbaum in Duxbury. .416 Rigby, 6mm Rem (no longer a stock item) & .308 Win are preferred.

Posts: 2272 | Location: PDR of Massachusetts | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Gentlemen

Add Hornember to that list [Big Grin]

I'm suprised that winngton hasn't caught up on this nice oldie.

How about Hornady ammo?

/ JOHAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So Norma do not even stock .416 Rigby any more [Confused]

One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks AC.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PC,

Where did you see that Norma are not making 416 Rigby brass?

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My mistake Mike, I misread Recono's post above, I thought the (no longer a stock item) in brackets reffered to the .416 Rigby brass as well but I think it only refers to the brass in 6 mm rem.

<eldeguello>
posted
I believe Federal sells loaded .416 Rigby ammo. Whether they sell brass, I don't know. [Big Grin]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eldeguello,

they sell the loaded rounds in Australia, and if I remember right there about $80-90AUS for a pack of 20 [Eek!]

one of us
Picture of BER007
posted Hide Post
PC,

I can tell that you can't find better cases than Norma one despites what you have read in other posts.

Posts: 831 | Location: BELGIUM | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote