Find
Notify
Tools

Where to buy this bullet....
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DPollard
posted
I bought a gun from a gentlemen and he gave me his load recipe. However, I cannot find the bullet when doing a Google search. The bullet I am looking for is the 55 grn. Varmint Extreme Soft Point w/Flat base and cannelure .224 (for a 22.250). Can anyone help me?

Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
I belive Midway handles the varmint extreme but any major bullet manufactures 55gr sp should work well

Posts: 19569 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DPollard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
I belive Midway handles the varmint extreme but any major bullet manufactures 55gr sp should work well

I found dogtown bullets on Midway and they are a different bullet (although a direct competitor of varmint extreme). I was just hoping to find the same bullet with the cannelure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe they can be had from Midsouth shooters Supply.

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
Varmint Extreme is Midsouth, Dogtown is Midway. Neither appear to have a cannelure. I've heard they are the same bullet, but can't prove it.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DPollard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sam:
Varmint Extreme is Midsouth, Dogtown is Midway. Neither appear to have a cannelure. I've heard they are the same bullet, but can't prove it.

Thank you for the reply. I finally just called Midsouth. The Varmint Extreme have the cannelure while the Varmint Nightmare Extreme do not. From doing a simple search on their site I could not find the Varmint Extreme, only the varmint nightmre extreme. It took the customer service woman about 10 minutes to help me figure it out. One would think they'd do a better job of organizing their site. Oh well...I found what I was looking for.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dogtown bullets are made by Nosler. They appear to be the basis for some of the new varmageddon bullets Nosler just introduced.

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With Quote