THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    North Fork 375 HH 300 grain load data suggestions

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

North Fork 375 HH 300 grain load data suggestions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Guys am experimenting with North Fork 375HH 300 grain loads (PP and regular soft) for a Zim hunt next May. Got the NF recommended load using 74 grains (min) of RL-17 clocking around 2600fps. Wondering if anyone else has experimented with alternative powders. Any feedback welcome.

Posts: 172 | Location: Jackson, New Jersey | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I worked up to 70.5 gr rl 15 with the 300 NF in my rifle with fed 215 primer. Shot great but my ph recommended the 300 woodleigh but the NF should do the job

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My M70 loves IMR4350 behind 300gr TSX, A-Frames and NF bonded cores. I'm away from home now so I don't have my notes or manuals. If I recall correctly my best load with the NF was at 77gr. But I'd advise getting info on the Barnes TSX and start at the low end and work up.

I'll be home on Tuesday and be able to give you better info then.

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My M70 loves 70gr RL15, about 2550. Drop back a grain with the FPS or CPS, same velocity.
I got these loads from North Fork.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote