Find
Notify
Tools

.303 Epps
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gentlemen,

I am really interested in building a .303 Epps on my Lee-Enfield #4 Mk.2. It is already a sporter, so I am not destrying a military original (I already have a few of those in my collection).

Who has done this conversion? I don't want to use my P-14, since that is also an original. I regularly visit www.303british.com, but I thought that maybe a few others might be here.

Thanks in advance...
Joel Slate
Slate & Associates, LLC
www.slatesafaris.com

7mm Rem Mag Page www.slatesafaris.com/7mm.htm

Posts: 643 | Location: DeRidder, Louisiana USA | Registered: 12 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of John Y Cannuck
posted Hide Post
I've done it on a Ross rifle.
303british.com and Steve Redgwell are probably your best sources of info.
I had mag problems, I doubt that will be as big a concern on a #4.
No more stretched cases! Much improved performance!

Posts: 872 | Location: Lindsay Ontario Canada | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know how helpful they might be, but you could try to contact the current owners of the Epps store. They still do the conversions.

Their web site is www.ellwoodepps.com.

Posts: 190 | Location: Manotick, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 24 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Joel You will not have any trouble with feeding in a # 4 enfield. However you still have an enfield with a springy action and rear locking lugs. If you try any high pressure loads case life will be very short.I strongly suggest you find yourself a P 14 to rechamber. As for who can do this?? Ellwood Epps sold his business about 10 years ago,although the business still bears his name.Ellwood passed away a couple weeks ago. One of his grandsons operates a small gunsmiths shop called Wise Choice Sporting Goods?? I believe he has all of Ellwoods reamers.I believe he is in Bolton Ontario. You should be able to find him by calling 411. If that doesn't work e-mail me and I will find the address & phone number.

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote