New
Find
Notify
Tools

10mm auto (COAL)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm getting ready to seat bullets to be fired in my Colt 10mm Delta-Elite. All of my loading manuals call for a max COAL of 1.260"/1.240. I'm assuming that 1.240 means minimum. I decided to use 1.250" as my COAL. Will that work OK in an auto loader?.....Bob

Posts: 39 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 04 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not being flip, but try it and see. I use 1.250 for mine, but only because the load data I found said that that OAL gave the velocities they quoted. The main thing is what fits and feeds from the magazine.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Pete.... originally I was going to seat at 1.260 because thats what all the books have for COAL. Then it came to me that was probably the max length. I wanted to confirm this before I did something wrong and ended up pulling the bullets.I have since measured factory rounds from three different companys and came up with the following.
1.255"to 1.258"

I started these loads some time in the sping, but got sidetracked. Good thing I keep notes or I wouldn't know where the heck I left off.

Thanks Bob

Posts: 39 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 04 September 2006Reply With Quote