THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Is there a special process for loading 9mm SMG ammo?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a special process for loading 9mm SMG ammo?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I want to reload several thousand 9mm cartridges using 124gr FMJ bullets for a sub-machine gun. Is there a special process for doing this versus loading for a handgun? Thanks.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would run a small sample through the gun to make sure what your load will function.
You might load some dummies without primers to check feeding by hand.

That said I loaded 14 boxes of 45 ACP one time without a gun to test or check the funtioning.
I went to the range with a friend that owned a Mac 10. We burned through all that ammo in one afternoon.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would make sure they are tapered crimped well

Posts: 19583 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing "Special"..but as SR4759 pointed out...make up some "test rounds" to check for function. When I was loading for my full-auto collection, there would always be a few "function-fire" test runs until I settled on the full set of parameters I would use for the bulk reloading project. A couple of places you might run into an "issue" are: re-sizing...make sure your getting every case FULLY re-sized. Overall length can be critical as well. Of course, you have to have a primer/powder charge that will provide sufficient power to cycle the weapon reliably. A full auto weapon should be run with SAFE loads that toss the empties out "with authority"..not just dribbles'em out to fall next to the gun.
ENJOY..!!

Posts: 953 | Location: Florida | Registered: 17 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tips guys. Some good info.

Woody

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote