New
Find
Notify
Tools

bought a Bruno any local knowledge?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
any one have ideas to help me get the most out of it , I tried pact and RCBS dig.dispenser had it with computers I want control of my powder, after listening to others on this forum i was convinced in trying a Bruno.
Tnanks Bill

One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
What Bruno product did you buy???

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe you are refering to his powder measure, and weighing thrown charges. The Bruno measure is a great one, but just like any, it's the METHOD of which you use that makes it work. And most any method will work, IF IT'S REAPETED CONSISTANTLY. Some just stroke it up, then down. Some do a tap at the top, and tap at the bottom. Either can work, but it's gotta be consistant.

Plus, avoid big grained powder, like 4350, they end up getting cut during the stroke, that vibrates the measure and throiws off the charge.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
yes a powder dispenser , sorry about that

one of us
posted Hide Post
rws, you nailed it.

Yes it's the method which delivers accuracy.
The higher price you pay for the culver measures is for the ease of changing the settings.

-----------------------------
Too bad the only people who know how to run the country are busy driving
cabs and cutting hair. ~George Burns

Posts: 367 | Location: former western part of Berlin, Germany | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think you'll go wrong with Bruno. He caters largely to the benchrest clan. Those guys know their stuff and won't accept anything inferior. Bruno has a good reputation among them, well deserved I'm sure. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Cal Sibley

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote