New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nice find at Gunshow
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A Lyman Ideal No.55 powder measure in the original box with all its parts. Used, but not abused. Best part was the original paper work, with detailed instructions. I've passed on these before, but armed with this knowledge I'll give it a whirl!

Posts: 432 | Location: Wyoming/ Idaho, St Joe river | Registered: 17 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Cool find, I got one last year in fantastic shape but didn't have the box or manual.

Steve.......

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1839 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Les Staley:
A Lyman Ideal No.55 powder measure in the original box with all its parts. Used, but not abused. Best part was the original paper work, with detailed instructions. I've passed on these before, but armed with this knowledge I'll give it a whirl!

I have been using one for decades works just fine.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I too, and mine has the instructions for black powder. Later they dropped that and came out with the aluminum hopper one. Which I also have.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Les Staley:

Which gun show?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14631 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tom, a little 25 table show at the Eagles Lodge in St Maries Idaho. Put on by the St Maries gun club, a trap shooting bunch here in town. Sold the ranch near Pinedale, and moved up here (two daughters and four grandkids to corrupt). Have same phone #. Good whitetail and elk hunting here. Give me a jingle.

Posts: 432 | Location: Wyoming/ Idaho, St Joe river | Registered: 17 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Circa 1972 in their original boxes original papers and spare "bits" Big Grin

Lyman 55 and a Ohaus 10.10

The prices in SA rands still on them hard to believe that back then each cost about One dollar and some cents in todays money Eeker

I have a original RCBS junior press that cost just under 2 US$

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting those photos, ALF. Mine is orange and the instruction sheet mentions black powder as being the volumetric scale on the bigger slide barrel.