Find
Notify
Tools

FYI- New Die Life
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
popcorn My 7mm X 57mm sizing die has been galling a little more each year. Enough was enough and this morning the die got polihed.

First it was cleaned than with a rag wrapped around a bottle brush and 1000 grit lapping compound the first 1/2" or so of the die was laped clock wise for 5 min. and tha counter clock wise for 5 min.This was fallowed by 5 minutes of short stroking. The dies was again cleaned and the same procedure used with Colgate tooth Paste.

The result was excellent easy entry and extraction with no squeeks. The date on the RCBS die was "54". I think I got it in about "61". holycowroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger

Just send it back to RCBS and the will replace it. I have sent several back and had them send me a new one.

Lyle

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. I would remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
Barry M Goldwater.

Posts: 968 | Location: YUMA, ARIZONA | Registered: 12 August 2003Reply With Quote