New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Electronic Powder Measure
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've decided an electronic powder measure would be a great addition to my reloading bench. I don't load many cartridges at one sitting, and I like to experiment. I have the RCBS scale, the one actually made by PACT, that works with the PACT measure. I've also thought about getting the Lyman 1200 DPS II. How about the RCBS?

Any thoughts as to which is best?

Thanks,
QD

One of Us
Picture of JMJ888
posted Hide Post
I bought the RCBS and have been happy with it. Search for "RCBS Chargemaster 1500" in this forum and there is a link that compares all the dispensers side by side.

Posts: 436 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 27 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Quarter Round
posted Hide Post
My pick is the RCBS.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like Pact, not to say others won't do it as well.

Posts: 225 | Location: AZ | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quickdraw ----- I use two Lyman Autoscales that you probably can't even buy anymore and a 1200 DPS and love them. wave Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the RCBS and I really like it. I have a 400 yard range outside of my house so I can shoot and the quickly make adjustments to the scale to shoot a different load. It works great!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a RCBS 1500 and it is very good. It will vary about +/-.10 to .15 grains per load, which is very acceptable in my opinion. It generally will be light more often than heavy. If you want to weigh every load, this makes it easy to put the auto-measured charge on the scale and add a bump to it.

By the way, I just leave my scales on. I check what they are doing every time I shift powders or start reloading with a bullet of known weight. I find that my PACT digital and RCBS are generally within .2gr of one another and generally within .1gr of my Lyman balance beam scale. I have had them all agree only once!

If the 1500 begins to get "weird", I'll re-calibrate it, but only if it begins to vary oddly. Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
I just upgraded to the RCBS Chargemaster 1500 Combo. I stabilizes very fast and is within +/- .1 grain. I checked it against my balance beam with a Nitro Wad, and both weighed 1 grain.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Waffen
posted Hide Post
I love my 1500 Chargemaster. It makes reloading a breeze! It's quite accurate and I noticed no difference in terms of at the range accuracy when I made the switch.

Posts: 182 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
Buy the RCBS,I love mine, fast, accurate easy calibration.And each charge is weighed!!

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How easy is it to change powders with all of these units?

One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I bought the Lyman - buy the RCBS, it's faster and easier to change powders.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My only experience is with the DPS 1200. I think its the greatest thing since bottled beer.

Posts: 367 | Location: WV | Registered: 06 October 2005Reply With Quote